Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Grinding Gears

This gear-grinder just proves how some people can be inconsiderate, dangerous and stupid all at the same time.

People who think it's OK to drive around with one or more of their car's lights not working.

See, the weather here has been pretty miserable lately. And it's that time of the year where most evening commutes and some morning commutes are done in darkness. But I still see folks driving around without lights working. Sometimes it's headlights. Sometimes it's headlights and sidelights. Other times it's brake lights.

The worst bit is, that since I have a knack for remembering car number plates, I can be sure that it's always the same few cars that I see over and over again.

I was unlucky enough to have a couple pop on my own car not so long ago, and I noticed immediately when I switched them on again to go home. I had to change them. Half an hour stood in the dark and the rain, groping around inside the engine compartment. OK, I could have left it until daylight, but I didn't. It really does reflect poorly on those that leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment