Friday, December 10, 2010

The Big Freeeeeeeeze

Well, it's been pretty nippy here lately. Not been posting, as I've been busy doing Christmas preparations.

The weather turned nasty a couple of weeks ago. Just before I went down to Silverstone on the Monday morning, I was greeted by a flurry of snow at the office. By the time I'd gotten down to Silverstone, it was clear again. This, regrettably, didn't last long, and by Tuesday afternoon, it was looking rather dire. I decided to try and get home. Got home safely, but crawled the last 10 miles or so of the motorway, and had to dig the car in when I got back.

More snow that night, so I couldn't get off the crescent again on Wednesday (we're up to about a foot and a half of snow now...) or Thursday. Made it in OK on Friday, and every day this week. The snow still hasn't shifted significantly here, but it has been noticably warmer these last 2 or 3 days, and will be relatively warm (compared to the -14 centigrade) up to Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday too, so I'm hoping that it'll have all but gone by the time family visit on Wednesday afternoon / Thursday.

In other news, I've got a few odds and sods of Christmas shopping to do, and a large wad of Christmas cards to write, including, for the first time, some to foreign lands!

No comments:

Post a Comment