Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Coin Collection

A final note on the collection of State Quarters. After the last post on AA, I went to Empire for the last lunch. I was going to go to Moe's, but something drew me to Empire.

Call it spooky, but Amber had an American Samoa quarter. And she gave it to me.

I'm happy to report, therefore, that the collection is complete, with 5 hours to spare before departing US soil.

In the process, I've also collected a bicentennial quarter from 1976. I've no idea how special they are, but I have since (in the UK) found 2 more. Also found a quarter from a previous design. Not sure whether it's correct or not, but the date is 1895. This would make it 115 years old, which would deny it's apparently good condition. It's possibly in better condition than the 1976 bicentennials.

No comments:

Post a Comment