Monday, November 8, 2010

What do do with telephone sales / marketing calls

So what to do?? I seem to be getting a few calls from these folks, even though I've registered with the telephone preference service. Fat lot of good that did.

Anyway, it gives me a chance to have a laugh at someone else's expense without feeling guilty. They phoned me, after all...

The usual one is to jot down the questions, then ask them back after he's finished. Can be rather amusing, especially when filled up a bit with drivel. I kept a guy going for 15 minutes or so with that one. At which point, I got bored.

I did ask on my Facebook page, and had a variety of responses, from a "Hold on a sec" and put the phone on the sideboard, to just plain "£$%^ off!". Thanks to Sara and Nicola for those two.

I've also contemplated a few other things, so I'll see which one works the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment